In keeping with our mission of helping you reduce risk and strengthen your compliance culture, we present our top do’s and don’ts for promoting products to healthcare professionals:
- Do…be balanced and accurate! Present the benefits and the risks of a product equally.
Don’t…omit or minimize the risks associated with the use of a product, or exaggerate its effectiveness.
- Do…stay on-label! All promotional statements about a product must adhere to the product label.
Don’t…promote any off-label uses of a product.
- Do…use approved promotional materials! Use promotional materials provided and approved by the company to promote a product.
Don’t…Use retired promotional materials or create your own materials to promote a product. Do not add logos, names or other product information to candies, cookies, or other items, without prior approval.
- Do…be careful about comparisons! Only share competing product information that has been approved by the company.
Don’t…Make unsubstantiated comparative claims about a competitor’s product.
- Do…spread the knowledge! Share approved scientific publications or journal reprints with healthcare professionals.
Don’t…alter any approved publications before you share them with the approved audience.
Thanks for reading!